Re: Slow SSH responses from server

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:03:45 -0600, sc whispered to the router:

!!
!! For some reason, it's taking 30+ seconds to SSH into a server that's
!! powering a small LAN to respond to my SSH attempts with the UserID and
!! password prompt.  I don't really remember it taking this long before,
!! but I'm not sure.  Takes a decent amount of time to respond even after
!! type in the userID and password.  Once I get in, the response times
from
!! the server are fine. Anybody else having this sort of problem?
!!
!! Steve
!!
!!

i think it's because your server isn't generating enough entropy.   enter
random commands at the keyboard somtime.   do ls -lahR /    that should
get you enough randomness to last for awhile.

course, i could be wrong, but that's my guess.

--
Forrest English
http://truffula.net

"When we have nothing left to give