Re: procmail Backup Cache -- not working

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 07:40:40AM -0500, John Bacalle wrote:
> * John Bacalle <john@unixen.org> [20010212 02:48]:
> > The following from man procmail should save the last 200 messages I have
> > received. But it just saves everything instead. My backup cache keeps
> > growing and growing till I manually delete it.
> >
> >    # Create a backup cache of 200 most recent messages in case of
> >    # mistakes (yes, you can change the 200 to 20 or 400 or whatever
> >    # you want)
> >    :0 c
> >    backup
> >
> >    :0 ic
> >    | cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,200d`

Looks okee, so just some stupid ideas:

Is backup a directory and does it really have files named msg.<whatever>?

Try adding the following lines to the top of your p~/procmailrc:

   VERBOSE=yes                            #extended diagnostics on/off
   LOGABSTRACT=all                        #log each succesfull recipy

and come back with all the errors it shows, if any.

--
groetjes, carel