isapnp.conf problems

I am trying to revive an old isa pnp modem/soundcard and when I use pnpdump to try and configure my modem (not the soundcard yet) I see this error at /var/log and during boot-up when my card is being detected.

Board 1 has identity of
FF FF FF FF 003 054 07 AZT300 serial no-1 [checksum of ]

/etc/isapnp.conf:93- fatal-IO range check attempted while device activated
/etc/isapnp.conf:93- fatal : error occured executing request '<IORESCHECK>' --further action aborted

I tried mucking around with the BIOS (i.e. turning on/off pnp os and resources controlled by auto/manual) to no avail.

Any suggestions?

TIA