Installation problem

Hello-
	Two weeks ago, I had everything "rolling" Ok: dual boot with Windows ME and Debian.
	But then I received the 2.r2.2 CDs...New install corrupted boot sectors. Can't boot Windows, can't boot Debian...
	Dbootstrap won't let me mount a /dev/hda1 Win95 (LBA) partition!!!...It keeps saying "Not mounted"...When the options "1) Install small booot
sector (5-10 kb) on [etc], 2) Mount /usr, etc, comes up, I can't do anything...It won't let me mount on the Windows partition. Of course, Windows doesn't
boot.
	Actually, on my very first try Linux worked, but the I couldn't boot Windows anymore.
	Has anyone any clue as to why things are so bad for me?

	Thanks.
	Henry L.