Re: XFree86 4.0.2 and Matrox G400

On Wednesday 14 February 2001 18:12, Lee Elliott wrote:
<--snip-->
> Still get the Insufficient memory error when I use 24/32bpp and fps
> drops to about 5fps :-(
>
> Sad, as 32bpp is fine with X3.3.6 & utah_glx.  At some point I'll try a
> lower res in 24/32 and if that works I'll consider getting a 32MB card,
> assuming that 16MB isn't enough for DRI at 1600x1200.  If anyone can
> actually confirm that this is the problem I'd appreciate it.

<--snip-->

I have a Matrox G400 32MB card, and run X at 24/32bpp @ 1600x1200, with DRI.
Of course the DRI is significantly slower than at 16bpp, but it works.

I'm running Sid w/ Xfree86 4.0.2, btw.

Sean

--
We all agree on the necessity of compromise.  We just can't agree on
when it's necessary to compromise.