Re: XFree86 4.0.2 and Matrox G400

I am using 2.2.18 and have agp, via, dri compiled in the kernel, but
leaving mga as a module and i guess I have the same problem as you. X4.02
crashes my machine at 16 and 32bpp. I guess it has to do will drm. When i
check the XF86 website, it seems to be that they suggested kernel 2.4.x
kernel. I haven't given it a shot yet. and i also said in the site that
disable the dri in the kernel for 2.4.x. (don't know about 2.2.18)

Edwin Lau

Edwin Lau (lauedw@waves.utoronto.ca)