Re: Emacs works differently within X and outside

    Alan> If I run emacs so that it creates an x-window to run in then
    Alan> the behaviour is different.  In this case DEL and BKSP both
    Alan> work the same and delete the character to the left of the
    Alan> cursor).

    Alan> Any ideas?
Well, I am not sure about emacs, but I do know for sure in
xemacs. There is a setting, which changes this behaviour.

There is a setting called "Delete Key Deletes forward" which controls
this behaviour.

thomasd
--
thomas@deselaers.de    www.deselaers.de    ICQ# on request