Re: disk duplication question

IF (and only if) the drives are geometrically the same, you can use dd:

dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb

to copy directly disk-to-disk, or to save to a file for later dumping to
a disk:

dd if=/dev/hda of=<filename>

of course, <filename> will be very big and must not be on /dev/hda or
you will create yourself a nasty little paradox.

Andy Perrin