Re: how do i configure network settings?

There's a new program in unstable, netconf.  You can go through the
initial setup again with dpkg-reconfigure base-config.  The "manual" way
to set things up is to edit /etc/network/interfaces

Make sure the following is in there:

auto lo eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

then run /etc/init.d/networking restart

This oughta get your card up

--
I can be immature if I want to, because I'm mature enough to make my own
decisions.

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu