A debian-based distro for the New

I got a few friends who are interested in (trying)linux. For TRYING purposes I want them to use a debian based Linux. I love using debian 2.2
and I am pretty new my-self(1.5 year). I think it might be a little to
overwelming for them. I beleive there are three to chose from Corel, Storm
and Libranet.

I have tried the first two but Libranet I have not tried yet. Anyone tried Libranet? Are there any reasons not to use the others? I wouldn't want the users to try Linux and despise it.