Re: OT: M$ Outlook Virus

also sprach William Leese (on Tue, 13 Feb 2001 01:38:16PM +0100):
> "An Internet-based email worm that masquerades as a picture of tennis star
> Anna Kournikova"

:)
we have it on campus. it's nasty. however, it's easy to disinfect and
i was fortunate enough to react immediately to the first occurrence (i
am one of the main campus consultants).

> can someone tell me why an email client needs visual basic scripting and
> java/script support when it is obviously a high security risk?

can someone give me anything that micro$oft ever did which makes
sense, is secure, and abides to standards???

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
"maturity is only a short break in adolescence."
                                                      -- jules feiffer