Re: OT: M$ Outlook Virus

> William Leese <wleese@europe.nl.com> writes:
>
> > can someone tell me why an email client needs
> > visual basic scripting and java/script support when
> > it is obviously a high security risk?

Outlook Express is actually a "module" or subset of Internet Explorer.
It would be somewhat unreasonable to remove java/javascript support from
a web browser nowadays. VB scripting is a different story. I *think*
it's part of "Windows Scripting Host", which you can remove seperately.
It's an optional part of a Windows installation.

I'm using Outlook Express right now... Let me check if you can turn off
java/javascript in the mail client alone (I know you can with Netscape's
mail client and mozilla's client).

Okay, from what I can see regarding java/javascript, the best you can do
is turn on "prompting". The choices are enable, disable, and prompt.

Regards
Hall