Debian packages for PLplot 5.0.1 available

This announcement is for the Debian users of PLplot out there.

Debian packages for the "almost" latest stable release of PLplot (5.0.1) are
available.  Debian packages for version 5.0.2 will be available in the near
future, as time permits.

The packages work for the potato distribution (2.2). We have set up an
apt-getable location in the PLplot web site.  This is a convenience for the
potato users, since there is no need to upgrade to the unstable (or testing)
version in order to get the latest PLplot for Debian.

To upgrade your packages, just add the following lines to your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

    deb http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources/debian ./
    deb-src http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources/debian ./

then run "apt-get update" and "apt-get dist-upgrade" and you should be okay.
Please notice that there has been a package reorganization, and some names
changed.  I tried to make the upgrade as smooth as possible, but there may
be still some bugs.  In particular, there are now two conflicting packages,
plplot-xwin and plplot-tcl, both dependent on plplot-common.  The old plplot
package is now just an empty transition package.

Please, report any bugs using the Debian BTS (Bug Tracking System,
http://bugs.debian.org), the more convinient way beeing through the command
reportbug (available in the Debian package with the same name).

--
Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org>