Re: Choosing the Window Menager

You can use the following command as root...

update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

...when you run it, it will look like this:

root@newdebian:~# update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

There are 3 programs which provide `x-window-manager'.

  Selection    Command
      1        /usr/bin/X11/fvwm95
*+    2        /usr/X11R6/bin/icewm
      3        /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker

Enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number:

That's for my machine, but it will list your installed window managers,
display the default, and allow you keep the current default or choose a
new default.

Tom