Re: apt-get: 93 Protocol error

Well, that didn't work.  I presume you meant put it in apt.conf?  I did
that, and I tried the http line changing the sources.list acordingly.  Then,
or actually first, I referred to the man apt.conf and the apt/examples/\
configure-index wherein it was stated that the line should look like this:
	ftp::Proxy "ftp://192.168.1.1:8080";;

or

ftp
{
  Proxy "ftp://192.168.1.1:8080";;
}

or

similar lines without the port.
And believe me I've tried them all.  It doesn not change the error msg.
which is still...
could not connect to localhost 8080 (127.0.0.1) connect 111 (connection refused)\
[IP: 127.0.0.1 8080]

So if I'm putting the right lines in the apt.conf to tell it to make it's ftp
conn on 192.168.1.1:8080 then apparently it isn't ready the apt.conf file or
something is overriding it.  This is a potato system on a pentium 120.

--

Mike McNally		mmcnally3@prodigy.net