Re: debian from scratch? no CDROM. How to?

Two educational guides come to mind:

1.
Go to  http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/
Choose the "lfs" folder
Choose the "LFS" folder

This book describes the process of creating your own Linux system from
scratch from an already installed Linux distribution, using nothing
but the sources of software that are needed.

2.
http://www.netspace.net.au/~gok/power2bash/

Welcome to the home page of From Power Up To Bash Prompt. The current
version is 0.9, and was uploaded on 5 November 2000.

---
I'd love to have the time to go through those real thoroughly...
---

--- DTi4565459@aol.com wrote:
> For my own education, I would like to start with a minimal linux
> Is there a step-by-step written for newbies about how to get started with
> recover operation??
>
> TIA,
>
> dave

=====