Re: Missing "From:" in mutt

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 09:50:01PM +0400, Rino Mardo wrote:
> I'm using the same ~/.muttrc I've been using and lately I've reinstalled my
> debian and used 2.2r0 (apt-get to the latest) and kernel 2.4.1 (no ReiserFS
> support yet).  The funny thing I noticed is that the "From:" line in mutt
> doesn't show my address although I've tested it and receivers do see my email
> addy.  The mutt version I have now is 1.2.5-4.
>
> Anyone else experienced this?

a small change from mutt 1.0.1 to 1.2.5.  add:

## from header
set use_from
set from=blah@blah.net

to ~/.muttrc you can skip set from= if you want, then mutt will just
insert your username without any domain there.  your MTA would then
canoncalize it for you.  set from= is more useful if your real email
address username is not the same as your local account username, this
way mutt knows what is really addressed to you.  (essential if you use
lists or subscribe commands, otherwise you get bogus Mail-Followup-To:
headers)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/