Re: eth0 unknown option

In message <[🔎] 199C96FA.6F06C193.0AD02275@netscape.net>it was written:
>i added the line
>
>iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
>into /etc/network/interfaces
>and when i restart /etc/init.d/networking i says eth0 i an unknown option... i think that my ethernet card has been detected cause when i do

/proc/pci doesn't indicate that a driver has been loaded for any particular devices, it just shows what hardware is actually installed in
the system.

You need to figure out which driver to load and then load it from modconf.

hth

as always,
nick
            nick@grawk.net * http://www.fargus.net/nick
    Developer - Systems Engineer - Mad System Guru - MOO Sales
    he picks up scraps of information/he's adept at adaptation
because for strangers and arrangers/constant change is here to stay