module configuration problem (3c515 and ppa)

I'm attempting to install debian 2.2r on a new Dell 4100, and I'm having problems with two modules.  My network card is 3c905c-tx, and I've tried installing the 3c515 module using both no arguments and irq=3.  In both cases I get an error message: invalide paramater param_irq.  Any suggestions on how I should resolve this?
The other module that's been troublesome is the ppa module (for zip drives).  In this case autoprobe fails.  Where should I look to find parameters for this one?
Thanks
Pete

Who needs Cupid?  Matchmaker.com is the place to meet somebody.
FREE Two-week Trial Membership at http://www.matchmaker.com/home?rs=200015