kernel compilation guide?

All,

I try to tune in to any discussions of how to compile a new / custom
kernel on the list, but I was wondering ... is there a convenient doc on
how to do this the Debian way? I am currently running 2.2.17 & don't feel
any great *need* to upgrade/date, but would like the know-how.

Thx,

Glenn

// G l e n n  B e c k e r                                                |

// I don't wanna kill my china pig.                                      |
// 		-- Captain Beefheart                                     |

// glenn@scifi.com                                                       |