Re: Update from kernel 2.2 to 2.4 mit the stable release

Hi

Yes, ok, i will forget rpm.

I tried your way over apt-get all worked fine until the compile process
started. Here is the output of apt-get:

Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Need to get 977kB of source archives.
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is e2fsprogs
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 1.19-3
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org>
 debian/rules clean DEB_BUILD_ARCH=i386 DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=i386
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM=linux DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=i386-linux DEB_HOST_ARCH=i386
DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU=i386 DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM=linux DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=i386-linux
dh_testdir
make: dh_testdir: Command not found
make: *** [clean] Error 127
Build command 'cd e2fsprogs-1.19 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.
E: Child process failed

what is "dh_testdir"?

Do you have an advice?

cheers,