Re: kernel and tulip??

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 10:17:58PM -0500, Chris Parker wrote:

>    O.k. I just installed kernel 2.2.18 that was a .deb on a 2.2.12
>    system.  How to get this kernel to start over the 2.2.12.  Tried to
>    make boot disk for it but i got fd0 errorsabout bad block sectors.
>    Need new floppies??  It's on a dual boot with w98:( .  Also tulip will
>    only run in half duplex .I tried to add a line to /etc.modules like i
>    was told but it still runs in half when checked with tulip-diag.
>    Would I be better off getting the lastest driver and where to get it?

    Just use lilo to manage multiple kernels. The default is the first one, or
a named default argument. Check the lilo and lilo.conf manpages.

    Not sure on tulip. I'm using it in several machines, but I've never tried
tulip-diag to see if it's full duplex or not. Where did you get that?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX