Re: Sig 11 in X4.02 using Matrox G450

Quoth Damon Muller,
> Quoth Frederik Vanrenterghem,
> > This is a link to the Matrox linux users forum. In this forum, you'll find
> > many questions regarding the G450 and X4.02. Essentially, it seems to boil
> > down to this: sorry, it doesn't work very well yet, wait for a driver
> > update.
> >
> > If you do find a way to get, using Debian packages, everything up and
> > running OK, feel free to share :-)
>
> Checking out the Matrox site today to find the correct formum, I noticed
> that beta 1.01.05 is now out.
>
> Might try that and see if it's any better.

Sorry to reply to myself, but I've tried X4.02 with the new matrox
drivers and would like to report complete success.

Running at 16bpp, I now have working hardware acceleration! woo hoo!

All I need now is to work out why apt can't find xmame-gl and tuxracer
in unstable!

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,