Is gnome-audio dead?

Hi,

Before filing a bug on gnome-audio, I did what any good debian user
would do and checked whether that bug had already been filed. It turns
out there are four bugs filed against gnome-audio, from almost 2 years
ago to about a year ago. They are all the same bug, the one I would
have reported. Namely, some of the sounds which are supposed to be
supplied in this package aren't. I found James' reply that these
sounds don't exist in the upstream package, but I think #59699 still
stands:
---
It seems like the default settings shouldn't refer to files that don't
exist: either leave the setting empty or add an actual sound, or at least
don't suggest installing gnome-audio when I already have it installed.
---
Of course I suppose that could be reported against a different package
(gnome-control-center?)...
I tried searching the list archives but a search I started half an
hour ago has yet to complete (at
http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/searchlists).

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,