unresolvable dependencies and apt-get

I apologize if this is lame question, but I can't seem to get around this.
I have to support some Netfinity boxen running potato + a few local
packages.  One of those packages is the IBM RaidManager for the IBM
ServeRAID cards, which comes as a binary rpm.  I used alien to convert it
to a .deb, and then installed it with dpkg (ignoring the libc >= 2.1.97
dependency - the package runs fine on potato's 2.1.3).

Now, however, I can't install anything else using apt-get because it
bitches about raidman needing a new libc (and if I use -f, raidman is
removed).

     raidman: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.97) but 2.1.3-13 is to be installed
   E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
   specify a solution).

Is there some way to circumvent this short of building my own binary-only
.deb package of raidman?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
tony

P.S.  Please cc: me directly on any replies to the list, as I'm not
subscribed.