Re: Deadbeat maintainer (afbackup)

The 3.3 source contains a "debian" directory. If you edit the change log in that directory (I tried adding a new entry, but couldn't get the format exactly right) so that the version is 3.3, you can simply run "debuild" in the top level source directory and it will create the debs.

Tim

Gary Hennigan wrote:

"Timothy H. Keitt" <Timothy.Keitt@SUNYSB.Edu> writes:

Does anyone have information on the status of the afbackup package?
Its way out of date (with a rather severe bug that can cause data
loss).  Is this package orphaned?  There are many bugs filed against
it and the maintainer does not respond to email.  (I posted a query to
the afbackup email list and apparently others have tried to contact
the package maintainer without success.)

It's not listed as being orphaned (http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp),
but you're right, it's way out of date. Too bad. I supposed I'll have
to install it from source into /usr/local.

I like afbackup. The documentation isn't great, but I need a
client-server model for my little home LAN and Amanda seems sort of
daunting for a little 2-3 PC home LAN.

Gary

--
Timothy H. Keitt