Re: Deadbeat maintainer (afbackup)

"Timothy H. Keitt" <Timothy.Keitt@SUNYSB.Edu> writes:
> Does anyone have information on the status of the afbackup package?
> Its way out of date (with a rather severe bug that can cause data
> loss).  Is this package orphaned?  There are many bugs filed against
> it and the maintainer does not respond to email.  (I posted a query to
> the afbackup email list and apparently others have tried to contact
> the package maintainer without success.)

It's not listed as being orphaned (http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp),
but you're right, it's way out of date. Too bad. I supposed I'll have
to install it from source into /usr/local.

I like afbackup. The documentation isn't great, but I need a
client-server model for my little home LAN and Amanda seems sort of
daunting for a little 2-3 PC home LAN.

Gary