From: Chris Matta [mailto:chris@coolass.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 9:07 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Allowing cgi in user's home directories w/ apache

(This is on Sid BTW)
I want to allow users to be able to execute cgi scripts from thier cgi-bin dir inside the public_html dir in thier $HOME

i added this to access.conf:

    <Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
    AllowOverride all
    Options ExecCGI
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>

which hasn't worked, i just get the following error in the log:

    [error] [client 10.0.0.4] Options ExecCGI is off in this directory:

I tried it another way, checked the permissions on the scripts, and yes im restarting the webserver after every change.  I know that apache is phasing out the srm.conf and access.conf in favor of just the httpd.conf, but i havent seen it in sid, it like that in woody tho...

anyway, does anyone have any tips?

-c