Re: libstdc++ links nuked by upgrade

Hello!

>         I just did an incremental 'apt-get dist-upgrade' to my
> woody/testing box and got moved to gcc 2.95.3 (along with associated
> libraries) as part of that process.  Once it was done, I found that
> the symlinks corresponding to libstdc++.so and libstdc++.a had been
> deleted without replacement.

I didn't realise that till now, but the same must have happend to my
system, too, when I did the upgrade some days ago.

> (More precisely, did it happen because of a peculiarity of my system,
> or is it an installation bug to be brought to the attention of the gcc
> package maintainers.)

Well, it seems to be a bug in the libstdc++ package.
Let's hope there are no other bugs in the package.

Just another question: Why do we need gcc-2.95.3 while this version
still is in development?

Bye, Martin

--
Ernst Martin Witte
email: witte@kawo1.rwth-aachen.de

(g4 c g f g8 as) g2. '(g4 es c)(d c8 h)c2(b4 as8 g)as2(g4 f8 e)f1.
(Anton Bruckner)