libstdc++ links nuked by upgrade

Hi.

        I just did an incremental 'apt-get dist-upgrade' to my
woody/testing box and got moved to gcc 2.95.3 (along with associated
libraries) as part of that process.  Once it was done, I found that
the symlinks corresponding to libstdc++.so and libstdc++.a had been
deleted without replacement.

        Of course I simply recreated the links and the system works
fine again, but I am wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior.
(More precisely, did it happen because of a peculiarity of my system,
or is it an installation bug to be brought to the attention of the gcc
package maintainers.)  I'm also wondering if there are any other
monsters to beware of...

Dan