Re: capslock as control in console

on Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 12:00:43PM -0500, Dan Christensen (jdc@uwo.ca) wrote:
> I use the following to make capslock act as control in the console
> window.  What I'm wondering is if there is a way to do this without
> installing console-tools, which depends on console-data and
> console-tools-libs, which altogether require almost 5M of disk space
> on my machine.  Any thoughts?

Which, at current rates of disk storage, costs you about $0.004 --
that's four cents of a cent, US.

If you're working with an embedded system (the only place I could think
you'd have to be concerned with this) I'd approach from another angle
such as rewiring the keyboard or using one which has control where it
should be.  The Happy Hacker (lite version available for ~$50 US, though
I got mine for $30 <g>) is one such.

I believe you can also remap keysyms, though I don't know the tools for
this.  Some manpage and Google searches are in order.