Re: XFree86-4.0 screen resolution missmatched with monitor viewing area

On  8 Feb, John Foster wrote:
> judd@wadsworth.org wrote:
>>
>>      The virtual resolution is by default set to the maximum resolution
>> for the display (I think).  In the display section add the line:
>>
>>      Virtual 1024 768
>>
>> You might not be able to switch to a larger display, however.  See
>> man XF86Config.
>>
>> -Chris
> -------------------------REPLY---------------------------
>  That did it! It is not exactly what I wanted to achieve, but at least
> it puts me back to where I was before the upgrade. Now if I can just
> figure out how to coordinate a change in resolution with a corresponding
> change in virtual screen size. Maybe a virtual display with each
> resolution..... Any ideas? BTW I did see the reference in the docs, but
> did not understand how they applied. The examples were not clear.:-(

     I haven't got been able to do that, either.  Anyone else know how
to?

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                                           |
|   Research Scientist                                                 |
|   NYS Dept. of Health                           judd@wadsworth.org   |
|   Wadsworth Center - ESP                                             |
|   P. O. Box 509                                    518 486-7829      |
|   Albany, NY 12201-0509                                              |