RE: Infinite sevens: MBR problems

Thanks for the advice. I put "linear" in and rebooted with no change. Then of course I remembered to run lilo. (Haven't had my coffee yet.)

        When I run LILO, I get the following errors.

debian:~# lilo
hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51  { DriveReady SeekComplete Error  }
hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04  { DriveStatusError  }
hda: read_intr: status=0x59  { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error  }
hda: read_intr: status=0x04  { DriveStatusError  }
hda: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
hda: drive not ready for command
Warning:  /dev/hdc1 is not on the first disk
Added Linux *
Skipping /vmlinuz.old
debian:~#

I get the impression from this that lilo is trying to do something with the first drive, which on the PC110 is a 4MB internal flashram drive. Here is my current lilo.conf, sans comments.

linear
boot=/dev/hdc1
root=/dev/hdc1
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
delay=50
vga=normal
default=Linux

image=/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        read-only

image=/vmlinuz.old
        label=LinuxOLD
        read-only
        optional

It appeared that despite the errors, it was installing on hdc, so I went ahead and rebooted. I still getting "LI" and then it hangs. :-(

Thanks for the help.  I feel like I'm close.

Peter