Re: exim keeps posting to the wrong place - SOLVED

On 08 Feb 2001, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I run a crontab script every night to make glimpseindex and to back up
> my system. This posts  records of its efforts. They used to go to me via
> local mail and appear in my mail box each morning. Now they still do
> this but the system insists on sending them to me via my ISP
> instead of internally. I suspect this is something to do with my
> /etc/exim.conf but I don't know what.
>
> How can I get back to the original method?
>
> I've tried sending them to /dev/null instead but that doesn't work
> either.

I think I've just found the answer; in /etc/exim.conf I've put:

qualify_domain = localhost

I hope this is right.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian (Windows-free zone)
For electronic books, skeptical essays, and over 100 book reviews, go to:

"The most common of all follies is to believe passionately in the
palpably absurd. It is the chief occupation of mankind." - H.L. Mencken