Re: HP 9100 series cd -writer?

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Hall Stevenson wrote:

> > Didn't find any clue yet, what to do.
> > Still nothing happens.
> > For most of the time 'xcdroast' command  is
> > answering:
> >
> > 'No Generic SCSI-Support has been detected.'
>
> That's your problem ^^^
>
> > (Anyway there are the modules sg and ide-sci emulation installed.)
>
> You're telling them to be loaded, but they aren't...
>

> See, no SCSI emulation or SCSI cd-rom devices mentioned.
>
> Run "cdrecord -scanbus" and post it's output here.

It is here:

fr420:/etc# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root.
fr420:/etc#

> I *think* you need to add an "append" line to your /etc/lilo.conf file.
> You need to tell the kernel  that your /dev/hdc device is a "scsi"
> device now and let the scsi-emulation module control. This link,
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO-2.html#ss2.1, explains it
> more. I have scsi emulation compiled directly into my kernel so I don't
> need this setting.

I haven't looked at above yet.

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi