Re: Networking, /etc/network/interfaces, mapping, iface, and multiple configurations

On Wednesday 07 February 2001 05:43, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Question regarding use of /etc/network/interfaces to allow autmajick
> detection and configuration of eth0 on a laptop that wanders widely.

If your laptop has a pcmcia network card, have you looked at
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts?  That's how I handle roaming configurations.
It's not quite automagic, but close enough for me.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html
    All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.