Re: mouse -> clicks heard on speaker

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 03:26:40PM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> <hardware newbie>
> whenever i move my mouse -- for every single pixel (or every
> mouse pointer redraw) -- i hear a small 'click' through my
> speakers. this happens on both console (alt-ctl-f[1-6]) and in X
> displays...
>
> any ideas? what further information could i provide?
> </hardware newbie>

Are you using a window manager that supports sounds for various
actions?  Does the sound persist when you change to a different window
manager such as fvwm?  Since it happens in console it probably doesn't
matter but that is what popped into my head.  Does it happen with all
buttons on your mouse?  Does shutting off the bell with "xset" or
"set bell-style none" have any effect?  Just a few thoughts...
hth,
kent