Re: Apt with cd-rom and ftp

That right you should put the cdrom lines at the beginning of your source.list.
In my sense, this is a bug. When you install a system, you insert all discs to generate the list of available packages and in the same time they are added in the source.list but after the commented ftp sources. So when the fresh debian user (like me) uncomment the ftp source lines and then all packages are downloaded from internet. When you use a 56k line, it's a problem (so you certainly dicover the problem).

!!! The cdrom lines should be added at the beginning during the installation process.

Christophe