Re: NIC hw. address mishap

Please try rtl8139 for ReaTek 8129/8139.

dcpurton> Hi, I'm trying to get a Realtek pci card to work.
dcpurton>
dcpurton> Apparently this card uses the ne2k-pci driver.
dcpurton>
dcpurton> but when I try to modprobe this module I get an error along these lines:
dcpurton>
dcpurton> 	Hw. address read/write mishap 3
dcpurton>
dcpurton> and it doesn't work...
dcpurton>
dcpurton> I haven't as yet been able to find much info anywhere about this.
dcpurton>
dcpurton> any ideas?
dcpurton>
dcpurton> thanks
dcpurton>
dcpurton>
dcpurton> --------------------------------------------------------
dcpurton> Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
dcpurton> on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
dcpurton> as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
dcpurton> to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...
dcpurton>
dcpurton> 			Francis A Schaeffer
dcpurton>
dcpurton> David Purton