Re: PHP4 in 'testing'?

remmy@cistron.nl (Remco Rijnders) writes:

> In article <[🔎] 20010204131335.A1058@home.com>, ktb wrote:
> > Have you tried installing php4 unstable or stable? Use the "-s"
> > switch to "apt-get" and see what would happen.
>
> Before reading your (or any) answer, I went ahead and pointed apt at
> the unstable archive and got PHP4 from there. Unfortunately, it seems
> like this really messed things up for me:
>
> Preparing to replace php4 4.0.4pl1-2 (using .../php4_4.0.4pl1-2_i386.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement php4 ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/php4.postrm: line 28: syntax error near unexpected token `*)'
> dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 2
> dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...

<deleted>

> Not only is the package in an inconsistent state, but bad and even
> very bad to top that off. I'm a bit at a loss as what to do about this
> one... but I'll steam on it for a bit. Sure makes me wish I would have
> listened to your -s advice.
>
> Anyways, thank you for your help :)

I filed that as a bug already. It's two times two colons missing in
the case struct in the postrm script. Try to fix that in
/var/lib/dpkg/info/php4.postrm manually and it'll work.

:-)

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt