Re: Help

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 01:26:56PM -0000, MR STEWART JAMES LEONARD wrote:
> Okay, I don't know whether there is a system for this in operation
> but is there a possibility that I could have someone teach me the
> basics of linux? I have used it before but never run it. (University
> computers dual boot). I'm about to buy a 2nd hard drive for the
> latest stable Debian install.
>
> Just wondering if there is someone out there willing to teach a new
> dog some old tricks?

Part of being a Linux user is teaching yourself how to use Linux.  In
other words you should do your homework and make a sincere effort to
solve your "problem" before bringing it to the list.  OTHH this list is
very forgiving and even helps out with most off topic items.  I gave
Debian a try after using Windows for 6 months.  I had to post to the
list to ask if I use the binary or source disk for the install:)  At any
rate what I would suggest you do is take a good look at -
http://www.debian.org/
there is a "documentation" link there.  Read the installation and usage
guide -
http://www.newriders.com/debian/html/noframes/
After that if you have any questions this list is a great resource.  I
think it will be all you need but if you think you need a personal tutor
then I would suggest you contact a local Linux Users Group, if your area
has one.  If you don't know if you have a group in your area -
http://noframes.linuxjournal.com/glue/
You can also look online for various tutorials and classes in your town.
There are tons of Linux books out there also.
hth,
kent

--
I'd really love ta wana help ya Flanders but... Homer Simpson