Re: AMD, Cyrix and 2.2r don't mix

Nick wrote:

> Hey Marc,
>
> Well, I am sorry I did leave out that extra 2.  It was 2.2r2, I apologize.
>
> To answer your last question, I didn't use any boot options.  I am using a
> Athlon 1.1 ThunderBird on a Asus A7V motherboard.
>
> The laptop I tried was a Presario 1220 w/ a Cyrix CPU 200 mhz or so MMX
> enabled I think

That Motherboard does ATA100 AFAIK.Even if it does only ATA66(it does
that
for sure) the regular kernel won't do it.You need to get the ide flavour
of boot floppies from the ftp site .
 As for the Compaq 1220 that's a MediaGX chip.Those chips were weird,no
clue why
it won't boot though.You can try a search for MediaGX on archives and
see what gives.