40 gig drives?

Yesterday I brought a new 40gig drive for one of my servers, and spent
last night installing it, partitioning it as a 40 gig partition and
moving 20 gigs of existing data onto it.

I added it to fstab as a automount - and fsck refuses to run on it,
complaining with then usual:

hdb: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error}

complaints (I'm at home now, server is in the office, so that status may
be wrong - it;s from memory). The drive is still mountable manually tho,
and appears ok.

I'm running 2.4.0test9 with standard potato. Does anyone know if this is
fixable? I've just forked out all my spare cash on this drive (IBM
Deskstar) and I'm also now down a server :(

TIA!

Regards,
	 Ender
|   James 'Ender' Brown   | "Where are we going, and why |
| http://www.enderboi.com |  am I in this handbasket?!?" |