Re: devfsd error

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 10:30:02AM +1100, Damon Muller wrote:

:Did you select the option in the kernel config that's something like
:"mount devfs on boot"? It sounds like you didn't, and without this,
:devfs wont mount (saving you from having an unbootable system when you
:just try it out with no idea about what you are doing <grin>).

Yeh, I've been there :) few months back with 2.4.0pre1 or something...

I've been mounting devfs on /devices to play with and not trash
everything, our mails must have crossed, but I just figured this out
and all is well:

[jon@localhost devfsd]$ sudo devfsd /devices/
[jon@localhost devfsd]$ l /devices/sda1
lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           34 Feb  3 18:09 /devices/sda1
-> scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1

so my test directory is properly symlinked.
next is:

# lilo -R linux devfs=mount && reboot && pray

Thanks,
-Jon