Re: debian@home

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 08:32:18PM -0500, James Di Toro wrote:
> Has anyone sucessfully gotten the dhcp to work for the ethernet connection
> to the cable modem.  In my area I have a static IP based on my hostname so
> I'm ok.
> I tried adding the dhcp connect w/ passing the hostname to my
> /etc/network/interfaces file, but the client just hung up.  Anyone else
> have luck in this front?

    I'm using dhcpcd with rogers@home on my gateway/firewall. The -I argument
lets me use my client id as is required. Works fine for the most part, except
for the occasional time when rogers' crappy dhcp servers don't respond.

Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX
PGP Public Key: