Re: debian@home

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 08:32:18PM -0500, James Di Toro wrote:

> Has anyone sucessfully gotten the dhcp to work for the ethernet connection
> to the cable modem.  In my area I have a static IP based on my hostname so
> I'm ok.
>
> I tried adding the dhcp connect w/ passing the hostname to my
> /etc/network/interfaces file, but the client just hung up.  Anyone else
> have luck in this front?

    I'm using dhcpcd with rogers@home on my gateway/firewall. The -I argument
lets me use my client id as is required. Works fine for the most part, except
for the occasional time when rogers' crappy dhcp servers don't respond.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX