Re: Modem noise

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 08:43:20PM +0100, Henrik Enberg wrote:
> I've just switched to Debian 2.2r2 from Redhat and things are going
> smoothly.  One thing bothers me though, my modem has a real noisy
> speaker buildt in and I don't know how to shut it up.  The Redhat wvdial
> setup had a little checkbox to turn off sound, and I never did look at
> the scripts to see what it did. Can anyone Help?

Check out "hayes modem commands" as a www.google.com search.  Your modem
likely supports these.  "M0" IIRC turns off the speaker.  Alternatively,
you can choose commands that lower the volume.

--
Michael E. Touloumtzis		mailto:Michael.Touloumtzis@ca.com
Ingres Product Development	Computer Associates International