Re: Hi! (e-mail address spoofing)

Nate Bargmann wrote:

> I doubt it came from your domain as the original mail also had my ISP's
> domain on it.  I suspect some sort of address spoofing...
>
> - Nate >>

I actually received an M$ targeted virus this way - the sender spoofed
my domain but one of the recipients bounced it and I got the
undeliverable message.

The e-mail was received using Netscape Communicator 4.73

There was no 'text' message as such - just a script of some sort
(nothing I've ever used, so I don't recognise it) with M$ registry
entries embedded in it.  Fortunately, I don't run M$ on any of 'my'
personal stuff (obviously - Debian only:-), have specific 'users' for
net stuff and don't enable java or anything for e-mail, so it was just
so much gibberish text, but I suspect it may have executed in LookOut as
soon as it was opened.

LeeE