Re: Why am I logged out?

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 12:19:29PM +0100, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Hmm, when I am idle for, say, more than half an hour, I am automatically
> logged out of gnome. Why could that be? Is there a daemon running,
> looking for idle users and kick them out of the system? Or is it a
> problem with Xscreensaver? Gnome? Anything else?
> Thanks for helping me

Are you using X 4 and does your monitor go into power saving mode?  I
noticed this very thing with DPMS in X 4.  However, it seemed to go away
with subsequent upgrades in Unstable.  If this is the case, you can try
this in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Section ServerFlags
  Option "NoPM" "true"
EndSection

Seems there was a conflict between kernel/BIOS PM and X ???

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>