Re: converting *.hqx into ttf how?

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 06:07:36AM +0100, alephtnull@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
> I have downloaded a font packaged in hqx (cmps-macintosh.hqx-computer modern
> fonts, actually)  and would like to know how can I (unzip?)/convert it into
> true type font format so that I can use it with my xfs font server.

if you have a mac, a double-click will usually do the trick (hqx
is an encoded mac format that stuffit, for example, can unfold
in its sleep). stuffit expander is freely available for download
at aladdinsys.com .

from there, there's a converter that'll take a mac truetype file
and swizzle it into a windows-happy file (and vice versa). i'm
betting that linux probably knows more about windows ttf formats
than the duo-forked mac font files...

um, right -- the converter utility (mac platform) is called,
IIRC, ttconverter. downloadable all over the place -- try
shareware.com for example.

See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't
create jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or
something.  But the government will spend it, thereby
creating jobs.      -- Dave Barry

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/