apt & source.list

Well after about a year or so of fooling around with Mandrake, I decided to get my feet wet with Debian. Anyway, I downloaded the binary-1 and binary-2 iso?s and I have a few questions about apt and source.list. Two of the lines on the list are:

Deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r2 _Potato_ - - Official i386 Binary-1 (20001207)] /unstable contrib main non-US/contrib.

Deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r2 _Potato_ - - Official i386 Binary-2(20001207)] /unstable contrib main non-US/contrib

What I?m wondering about is the unstable part. Does it mean that my packages are from woody? I changed (edited) the unstable to stable and got an error saying something like the source couldn?t be located.

Sean